Back to Top
- Our 5KW Solar PV system provides us with all the power we need.
- Our lights are either energy efficient or LED.
- Electric heating and water heating and hot tub are all powered by our solar system.
- The property is double glazed and fully insulated including the concrete foundation.
- We rely on rainwater for our water supply. Please be considerate when taking a bath or shower.
- Our tiled flooring areas are cleaned with a steam mop which means no cleaning chemicals and no excessive water is used.
- Showers have flow restricters to conserve water but the water pressure is still great!
- Our commitment to the environment means we will only change your towels and bed linnen after your third night stay. Naturally if you want to have fresh linnen on a daily basis, you only need to let us know.
- Help us reach our 100% recycling goal by thinking before you throw anything away and make use of the recycle bins provided.
- We have a compost bin for you to recycle your food scraps in. The compost will be used for garden maintenance and vegetable garden.
- Our community is a small but great one. We do our best to source locally.
- Our carpet has an ECS Level 4 certification (environmentally certified) and is made of 100% recyclable material.
- We recycle old batteries and actively encourage guests to do the same by providing a battery recycling station at our reception counter.
- All our waste water stays on site. It is processed , filtered and clean water is recycled back into the ground.
- Our land started off as a paddock but we are progressing with our landscaping and returning it to its natural state with planting native plants and trees, common to Tongariro National Park.
- All our linen that is no longer in 100% pristine condition and any other surplus items are being donated to the local charity shop
- We are committee members of the Horopito Residents and Ratepayers Society who are responsible for the preservation and restoration of the Old Horopito School which dates back to 1936.
- We support the Kidney Kids NZ by recycling all wine bottle tops and empty aluminium cans . Please help us by putting these items in the recycling bin in your room.
- We have supported the following charities in their fund raising efforts by donating complimentary accommodation for auctions or prizes. We prefer to support either local charities or lesser known but very deserving national charities.
2015 National Park Village Roy Turner Playground
2015 Waimarino Art Awards
2015 Gastro-Intestinal Cancer Insititute
2016 Upside Downs Education Trust